chatelaine

Sunday, August 12, 2007

3:30 pm on a beautiful, hot, sunny afternoon in the village. The gospel crowd are giving an outdoor concert on the park stage not far from my house. Warbley senior ladies voices singing hymns - and I do not mean that to sound offensive in any way...but I'm afraid they are competing with my listening to Eleanor Wachtel interviewing Nick Hornby on Writers & Company. I am supposed to be working but had to write a quick post as I'm just back from a 2 hour coffee date at the village cafe with Lucie and her handsome french chef husband Jean Jacques. Lucie & I worked together at Chatelaine, many years ago, she as a Food Editor and me as Associate Art Director. She now is a very sought after food stylist and her husband has a very successful French bistro restaurant in TO (Toronto for anyone who may not know the abbreviation). She called Saturday to say they were touring around Nova Scotia and would be going through my village on Sunday - I'm so glad that she called. We had a lovely, gab filled 2 hours of catching up. She stopped by in 2004 on another summer breeze through trip and we didn't manage to stay in touch so it was a very pleasant surprise to hear from her and amazing that we seemed to just pick up where we left off three years ago. I am making a promise to myself to keep in touch with her this time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Su-san, a mixed selection of quotes for your day of the deer sighting:

    Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing so gentle as real strength.

    Saint Francis de Sales (1567 - 1622)

    If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name in a Swiss bank.

    Woody Allen (1935 - )

    I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.

    Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.