rocket man

Thursday, April 23, 2009



Ernst Haeckel - such beauty. The first time these incredible illustrations
were brought to my attention was while visiting Willow Manor one day.
I ordered this book yesterday.







When I was in high school I was a huge Elton John fan, my girlfriends and I owned every single album. We knew all the words to every song and we would sing them out loud together. My favourite album was and still is Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboys with Goodbye Yellow Brick Road a very close second.

Delightful silliness and a fantastic song - via Serendipity Factory

I bet ya know the words ... turn up the volume and lets all sing along


Rocket Man Lip Dub from Underground Planet on Vimeo.

8 comments:

  1. These are fantastic. I will look him up at the library. I think I like "Siphonophorae" best out of these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sensuous and luscious illustrations! I have never heard of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first saw Ernst Haeckel on K9's blog and loved the detailing. Pretty amazing.
    Sir Elton did bring back the memories. It's got to be pretty cool to know that you provided a soundtrack to so many people's youth. Rocket Man, Crocodile Rock, Honky Cat, geez the list goes on and on.

    Rock on, Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you just hit in one day most of the things that bring me delight!!! Love those paintings, I will have to get that book. As for Elton, Rocket Man is my favorite song of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was one of the best videos I have seen in a long time - love, love, love EJ - rock of the westies rocks! thanks for the share - Nancy in Bridgewater, NS

    ReplyDelete
  6. That young woman in the video is so funny - personality plus, and as for the illustrations, just beautiful, particularly the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I am an Elton John fan too. Of course, I like "Philadelphia Freedom" because I like Philadelphia so much!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.