green

Monday, June 14, 2010



BleetNess(ie) on the prowl in our jungle of green - he loves when I'm outside with him

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here.
Warm southern wind, blow softly here.
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.
Good night, dear heart. Good night, good night.

Mark Twain

a note - when I found this Mark Twain quote or poem Sunday evening
I'd just returned home from an especially lovely evening walk with Missy D - low tide, the smell of seaweed and salt, sunshine and a warm but strong breeze off the water. I was thinking how much I do love this time of year. I wasn't getting the funereal aspect of what he is saying, I just thought it was a beautifully written few lines about summer. In fact throughout the early part of this morning, after posting, I kept wondering "green sod above" ?? "above" ??? hhmmmm ... it's funny how sometimes the most obvious things flit by unnoticed or misunderstood ... but so wonderful that these words and the photos of the black velvet chicelet on the prowl reminded Kathie of her much loved Rose.

3 comments:

  1. thank you,

    the poem went straight to my heart.. and I shall use it as a farewell to my sweet Rose. Gone one week and I still look for her each time I enter a room.

    thank you so much for sharing your incredible photos of your home and dear sweet animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Kathie ... it's bittersweet isn't it - that we never really ever stop looking for them, that way they remain "always" with us. Sending lots of love your way xo, Susan & les Gang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your recent visit and kind words Susan. These photos of the beautiful BleetNess are wonderful.The photos remind me of my much-loved black cat "H",gone for quite some time now. I would like to think he is prowling through a heavenly greeness such as you've featured.I feel for those who's animals have passed - they mean so much in our lives.x

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.