to fly

Saturday, December 3, 2011











this morning's greys & beiges with snow flurries in the air

current bedside library haul - some books I've ordered, others picked up from the shelves of our village branch

The Artist's Manual: Equipment, Materials & Technique - Simon Jennings
Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese
Caleb's Crossing - Geraldine Brooks
Red Hook Road - Ayelet Waldman *
Blue Nights - Joan Didion *
The Weird Sisters - Eleanor Brown
Zone One - Colson Whitehead
When Madeline was Young - Jane Hamilton
The Art of Fielding - Chad Harbach
Brazil Red - Jean Christopher Rufin

* currently reading both, hoping to read most of the others. I'm crazy about goodreads.com

a tres sweet tribute to much loved Swedish dog Morran - so happy I could be a part of her book

& I sometimes watch music videos & I love this song, the strong women & the cinematography

2 comments:

  1. The Owls landed they are wonderful!

    I have the Artist's Manual {it's excellent} and I love, love Geraldine Brooks...I am reading a few photography books {trying to get inspired...} and A Complicated Kindness {which I am loving. She has a way with words...} and, as ever, the dictionary. :)

    Actually that's all I am doing today. Lounging in bed reading, with occasional trips to the coffee maker and computer...

    Be well.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd how I can be in such a different climate and yet my sky outside my window looks so similar to yours... is it because we're both on the water? Wondering...

    My bedside reading list is all sci-fi and fantasy these days. Much of it young adult stuff, a la Harry P0tter but with girls as protagonists, natch. Your reading list is much classier. Heh.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.