being faith full

Sunday, January 26, 2014









January/06/2014 - the first of many double page spreads in my Moleskin sketchbook - bonjour art journalling !


The reason birds can fly and we can't 
is simply because they have perfect faith, 
for to have faith is to have wings. 
J. M. Barrie 

I chose my one little word for 2014 early this time 'round - in fact I began pondering it back in November of 2013 nearing the end of an especially rough & tumble year for me - I started trying the word faith on way back then, wearing it around the house and then daring to wear it on my occasional ventures out into the big, bad, scary world beyond the perimeter of the lands of 29 Black Street, my personal, glass domed, imaginary protective bubble. The word faith felt really good almost immediately, it makes me feel braver, more confident, stronger & more daring too. Being full of faith feels like I'm always wearing an invisible thick & cozy, soft & comfy, old & much loved sweater (with a big turtleneck) in my favourite vivid colour (something hot pink or coral).

If we can just let go and trust that things will work out the
way they're supposed to, without trying to control the outcome, then we can begin to enjoy the moment more fully. The joy of the freedom it brings becomes more pleasurable than the experience itself.
Goldie Hawn

I have to thank (& bless) Anne Lamott for steering me toward this word - after watching her Super Soul Sunday interview with Oprah on repeat and loving the concept of her newish book Help, Thanks, Wow - the 3 Essential Prayers. + having gobbled up with delight (& also on repeat) every youtube chat or interview that I can find by sweet, wise & very funny Annie Lamott - the concept of faith came a knocking'. Faith to me is the antithesis of  Control - Control and me are have been co-dependent & dysfunctional best buddies forever. It's so time to let go of control and to have faith instead. Hmmmm it's feels delicious, it really does.

Faith is a passionate intuition
William Wordsworth

oh my I LOVE that last quote + my favourite John Hiatt song & my Faith anthem this year I'll be singing it to ME

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.