be you !

Wednesday, February 12, 2014















Sam, not only tres handsome but kind, gentle & an all-round amazing dog / frosty miniature landscape / near the crescent beach / the beauty of fresh frosty snow flakes / pink mini rose ++ Oliver / hydrangea / Virgil & Oliver chillaxin' with vintage fleurs / rose hips / more snowy lands / hydrangea / red geranium - sigh / Samuel & Winnie Dixon in the back yard / closer to the beach / green ! spruce !

The moment in between what you once were, and who you are now becoming, is where the dance of life really takes place.

Barbara De Angelis

Being you, being true to you or I in my case being me, liking me, loving me, growing me & truly being my authentic self in every sense is the dance I'm learning. Most days it's a slow dance. I work in an extremely competitive world - filled with amazingly talented artists, illustrators & designers. To try and find your own creative voice in this vast sea is one thing and then to nurture and grow that voice is really the main event. It's easy to become lost, it's easy to compare and feel envious or unsure that you are indeed doing the "right" thing. I've spent the morning listening (& watching sometimes) this amazing series of short videos about Jonathan Adler's life, loves & inspirations - he is completely his own wacky, wonderful authentic and very successful self. The message I keep getting loud and clear is to be you, to be me, to trust yourself, go wild, dare, leap, jump & dance, dance, dance. I have to continually remind myself that it's OK to be me but ya know it's getting so much easier & that feels freakin' fantastic.

Go ahead … be you !

3 comments:

  1. I am experiencing some of your winter wonderland here in eastern NC! Everything is covered in a sheet of ice. Here on the coast we had mainly sleet mixed with snow and freezing rain. The ground was white but it was a wet icy snow. It is warming up slightly and chunks of ice falling from the trees are covering the yard glistening like diamonds. It is beautiful, but I'm going to have a wet mucky mess especially if more rain moves in. It is lovely, but I was hoping for the beautiful fluffy stuff that you can play in and make snow cream out of of! I will always be a kid at heart when it comes to snow! Hopefully, it has gotten a few pesky mosquitoes that seem to appear on warm days. I know you are probably looking forward to spring and summer. I just dread the humidity that comes with our hot summers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images of your white snow landscape dear Susan and the beautiful pets. The rose is beautiful and your geraniums, they always look so lovely.
    Love and hugs to all
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see photos of Sam. Like Trey on my blog, I think that Miss. Winnie gets more photos ...

    Sam really has a wonderful face.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.