the last of winter part 2

Thursday, April 10, 2014


















more scenes from a former wintry Monday - there is beauty everywhere

Personality begins where comparison leaves off. 
Be unique. Be memorable. Be confident. Be proud.

Shannon L. Adler

&


How much time he gains who does not look to see 
what his neighbour says or does or thinks, 
but only at what he does himself, to make it just and holy.

Marcus Aurelius

Battling that comparison demon lately way too much (in my head) all the while trying to scale vast, jagged mountains that I'm fairly confident will in the end be small molehills ... or at the very least short hills. That's how my brain works. It freaks out quite easily. I am trying, my darndest, to retrain her (my lovely brain), to soothe her, calm her, make her tea - let her know that ANYTHING & EVERY THING is possible. We just need to sit down, pencil & paper and take that  all those big, freakin' scary thing(s) and break it them down into little palatable morsels. I know how to do that, but I forget (always) that I know how to do that ... so I Freak out. Freaking out as I type this. Maybe I should stop freaking and tackle one of those nasty jagged mountains ;-)

I am in a big, ol', pretty exciting, creative empire building transition period, growing pains I guess and those pains, they are painful. They make me feel as though I'm lost - I am lost, really lost but I know I did remember to leave my trail of breadcrumbs, I know it's temporary, I have no fear that I won't find me again. I always do. When you up the ante you up the feeling of lost-ness.

I am impatiently lost.

and this time last year

4 comments:

  1. Any other time I would be admiring those lovely snowy shots. But after this too long bitter Winter and too late cruddy Spring -- I am just not up for snowy shots Susan.

    Can't wait to learn what all the secrecy is about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pics! but, so glad that my little piece of the world no longer looks so snowy :)....i really liked your post- it is difficult to always balance- i am just barely able to tell someone no (but, i am getting better at it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Sybil & gang will write a post about all this "secrecy" confidentiality stuff very soon.

    & Hi Kristin, my new stitched postcard pal & mixed media gal ;-) the most frustrating thing I'm finding lately is I don't even think I understand which are the things I want to say "yes" to and which are the things I know I should say "no" to. Living from a place of financial scarcity most of my adult/creative career life certainly doesn't help me make those decisions because I end up thinking "who the hell are you to say no to anything? have you checked your bank account lately ?" and the flip side of that is I know & believe until I begin to approach my creative life from a place of positive abundance it's always gonna feel like scarcity - darn ol' Catch-22

    I'm in the ditch currently, the crevasse, the big ugly abyss of overwhelm - trying to pull myself out. Thanks so much for your comments xoxo s

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow looks so beautiful to me having not seen any real snow, just a little bit of sleet one Winter on a drive in the country. The landscape takes on a look of serene beauty and I love all of those textures you include of seeds, branches and dried leaves.
    Happy weekend dear Susan and love to all.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.