19 photos of orange-ish flowers

Wednesday, August 27, 2014


stay tuned (below) for way too many photos (19 to be exact) of orange-ish, yellow & red flowers - calendula, coreopsis, coneflower & my new favourite annual cosmos bright lights + I gotta tell you that first photo - omg sigh, that first photo says absolutely everything that brings joy & love to my heart + I love the dream like out of focus quality - xoxo Susan + gang

a perfect quote in my inbox this morning from Mastin Kipp & the Daily Love crowd, speaking directly to me

The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.

Fate is how your life unfolds when you let fear determine your choices. A path of destiny reveals itself to you, however, when you confront your fear and make conscious choices.

I am convinced that the deepest desire within each of us is to be liberated from the controlling influences of our own psychic madness or patterns of fear. All other things—the disdain of ordinary life, the need to control others rather than be controlled, the craving for material goods as a means of security and protection against the winds of chaos—are external props that serve as substitutes for the real battle, which is the one waged within the individual soul. Caroline Myss





















6 comments:

  1. Oh Wow dear Susan, I love the first photo with its dream like focus, is that Oliver or Gussie Guss? The other photos are just gorgeous too, the colours of the flowers and glimpses of pets and a reflection of you, they take my breath away...you could never publish too many images of your flowers or pets.
    I confronted my fear last night and made a conscious decision to try and mend the rift between myself and my estranged friend whom I have mentioned to you. I doubt that it will do any good, probably not but at least I have tried.
    May I please copy a few photos just for myself?
    Have a lovely day sweet Susan.
    love and hugs xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. copy away Sweetest Pea, and I am so proud of you. Have you read (or watched on youtube) anything by Brené Brown - her message is honesty, authenticity and best of all vulnerability - it feels so good, so freeing - people may fall away from your life, people that a part of you wishes desperately would stay - but I'm all for relationships based on authenticity and the ability to be your honest & vulnerable self - LOVE you - one day I will make it to Australia so get my guest room ready sweet one xoxoxo Susan gang ps. That is indeed Gussie Gus also known at times as Virgil xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I had actually forgotten about Cosmos Bright Lights until you mentioned them recently. They make me grin... they complement the nasturtiums perfectly... what is the stunning rosy red one with the strappy petals and the prominent center? I am making an electronic note to get some seeds of all of them for next spring!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear Susan, the images are just for me to look at and admire, they are spectacular, the yellow/orange colours are beautiful and the cone flower is a lovely red. So it was dear Virgil, I was looking for his orange mama so I wasn't sure. It has been raining and cold here for days, so earlier in the week I visited your blog and took a visual tour of your images. It is lovely to see your flowers, kitties and dogs, your photos of seed pods, dried flowers ( I loved studying Botany at school) and pictures of flowers from inside a meadow. There is nothing quite so beautiful here. I will look out for Brené Brown, I don't know if my message was read as he has 'comment moderation' and now has left for yet another trip so all comments were removed. I am vulnerable, I need someone who is honest with me, constant and caring and who will love me too...not always leaving me wondering. Love you sweet Susan, yes, one day I hope we will meet. :)
    Love to you and les gang xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have experienced that to be true, when I let go of trying to control life, I feel a sense of coming Home, peace. Thank you for this post and I LOVE the photos. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Gorgeous! I've never planted Cosmos, but I am going to try some next year. My mother used to plant yellow flowers, though I never remember her having any Cosmos. She said yellow flowers always showed up better in the beds. I see now what she was talking about! I like "The challenge is to silence the mind."

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.