I will be glad

Sunday, August 31, 2014












dingy beach, near the big wharf / those gorgeous red Eaton Park Peace Garden red roses / currently I'm having a love affair with paths / coneflower or rudbeckia ? / you can buy this beautiful brick house next spring / more Queen Anne's lace gorgeousness / I rarely cut flowers mainly because we have a vase-tipper cat Virgil - this is the end of the orange-ish bouquet / Monty's Emporium of Goodness window / another favourite annual here in Nova Scotia - morning glories, especially the blue variety / our front garden very old hydrangea tree bush / not sure what this is - found on one of my early morning explorations

I will be the gladdest thing Under the sun. I will touch a hundred flowers And not pick one. I will look at cliffs and clouds With quiet eyes, Watch the wind bow down the grass, And the grass rise. Edna St. Vincent Millay


* found this beautiful poem quote on creative hero Kelly Rae Roberts instagram feed



3 comments:

  1. The water at dingy beach looks so tranquil dear Susan. Beautiful flowers, I am never sure if these flowers are cone flowers or rudbeckia but they certainly are beautiful, the other flowers are beautiful too, especially the hydrangea. Paths are are fascinating, they beckon us to wander and explore further.
    A lovely quote from Edna St. Vincent Millay.
    Happy week sweet friend.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting choice for a poem quote, since Mary Oliver spent her late teenage years living with Millay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you John for that interesting bit about Mary Oliver I'm off now to find more about Edna St. Vincent Millay xoxo to you both from me & the gang

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.