lotus in a muddy pond

Friday, August 22, 2014











calm / I love this view from the lawn of Thinker's Lodge looking back into the harbour / seaweed abstract painting / the beginning of the meadow that edges the sea / a mown path with a forest of queen anne's lace - wee surf at the crescent beach / these bright orange beauties are a sure sign autumn's coming / bird's eye meadow view / 23 great blue herons (I counted) they sometimes like to hang out with each other + they nest in colonies also

I like to think that my story is not exceptional and not unlike so many of us who simply follow the call of their hearts, trusting that the path, despite the debris fields of gremlins (Who do you think you are? You're not allowed to want what you want. Etc, etc), will never fail us. Sure, there will be lots of "fails" when it comes to how to do certain tasks, but not in the bigger sense of perspective, not when it comes to shaping who we are, what we're here to do, and why we're here to do it. I believe in trusting the calls, the whispers, what delights us, and what is nudging at us for more attention. I believe, ultimately, nothing fails. Kelly Rae Roberts

from Kelly Rae's blog - a daily visit of mine - she's a huge & constant inspiration to me & I needed to hear these words today, this week ... this month.

August you've been difficult, maybe if I checked back through the years I'd find that you give me trouble every year, I wouldn't be surprised. As the days get longer, the evenings cooler, our beachy, bustling summertime village begins to slow down and get back to normal, back to sleepy - the melancholy seeps in, that bittersweetness.

Who do I love more ? what do I love best ? why do I believe I have to choose ?

I've been feeling lost, once again certainly not an uncommon feeling. I know I'm supposed to just let lost be, not poke it and prod, examine and analyze. It is what it is. It passes, lost leads to found, or at least to discovery & exploration, both adventures I love. I eventually see a new path or several and I charge down them with great enthusiasm & optimism - there's no doubt in my mind that that will happen again one day very soon.

If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong. Masaru Emoto - Secret Life of Water


5 comments:

  1. August and September are my least favorite months of the year. Summer is slowly coming to an end and that always makes me sad.

    I know so well that feeling of being lost. I haven't had much success of finding a new path of late, but I still have faith and hope that I will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images dear Susan and lovely words from Kelly Rae and Masaru Emoto. I would like to believe those words from Masaru Emoto but at present I am feeling lost just like you are, I am sad and don't quite know who I am at present. I would love to feel like a lotus flower, any flower in full bloom.
    Hope you feel better soon sweet girl.
    Love to all
    xoxoxo ♡
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos and inspirational message again today, susan. i visit kelly rae's blog about once a week and i love her spirit and art and outlook on the world. but, i visit your blog multiple times a day until a new post magically appears. you are a much bigger inspiration to me than kelly. i just wanted you to know that. ((hugs)) to you and all the fur babies at 29 black street. zoe says hi too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Summer Susan. And for that matter I love Spring and Autumn too. But still I get down and sometimes rather lost. I don't like the "lost" feeling and I struggle with it at the moment. I know it's just some sort of chemical imbalance and so I hold on tight waiting for the chemicals in my brain to sort themselves out ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sweet women, friends, family even - your comments mean SO much to me you have no idea, especially when I allow myself to be truthful, vulnerable, honest & real. Those posts are always the ones that after pressing publish - I wonder, I worry (always) if maybe I'm being too transparent - who cares maybe if I'm feeling lost ? thank you, thank you for lifting me up, making me feel normal & OK with who I am and for sending me so much love & comfort in your words xoxoxo Susan + gang (natch)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.