magic

Friday, August 8, 2014


how does this magic happen ? how does the simple layered paper collage become the finished luscious mixed media piece ?

trust, faith, courage & desire = magic
that's how it happens - more on the visual step-by-step process here

The moment you doubt whether you can fly, 
you cease for ever to be able to do it. 
J. M. Barrie/Peter Pan 

One of the things on my multi category to-do, want-to-do, must-do list for the remainder of this year is to teach another live collage/mixed media workshop or 2 in the fall - stay tuned if you live nearby + for those of you who don't I'm working on downloadable, work at your own pace, keep forever tutorial e-courses - a few of my favourite things. 1. a lil' collage owl tutorial ($10-15.) complete with patterns, techniques & materials lists 2. a typographic tutorial collage + hand-drawn/painted letters - perfect for posters, cards, scrapbooking/memory keeping or for adding into a mixed media piece - ($10-15) also complete with patterns, techniques & materials lists & 3. an in-depth mixed media art tutorial e-course along with tips, techniques, exercises & materials I'll also tackle the big question raised above the creative block dilemma ... how do you get from there to here, here being a place where you're satisfied with the outcome + lots of reasons that being happy with the outcome is not the only really the goal - uh huh - ($30-40) I can't wait to get these tutorials together, always something buzzing here at the TTD*

+ I believe this next statement with all my heart ...

Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there's no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic. Laini Taylor

*TTD teak topped desk - I like it when I make bold, e-course tutorial, semi-committments here on the blog 'cause maybe ...

6 comments:

  1. I am amazed at how you make that magic happen. Who would have thought that flowers and butterflies look perfectly right in the sea. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The magic happens because of your creativity and your talent dear Susan, the outcomes are always beautiful.
    I would love to believe in the powerful force of hope, I hope and believe but still what I hope for is unattainable.
    Happy weekend to all, love Dianne.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the autocorrect typo. I meant e-courses :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.