tenderness

Thursday, August 7, 2014
















nasturtium + bee bum = LOVE / Winnie & Bleet in Nessie's new favourite lunching spot on the from porch / sigh - cosmos / Itty Bitty Betty loves to garden / wild tansy / more front garden black pine bark & lichen love / nasturtiums again in the elementary school kids garden planted by Jen / truth in advertising - messy, messy office with hard working, as always, Creative Director Oliver) / more wild tansy / spirea ? there are so many varieties - Dianne ? Rachel ?? John ? / nasturtiums / the black velvet chiclet NessieNess coming to meet Miss D and I / it's tansy day here at 29 black street / the view coming down Black Street toward the water with greeter IBB (Itsy Bitsy Betty) / gorgeousness

When we honestly ask ourselves which person(s) in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advise, solutions or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle hand and a tender heart. 
Henri Nouwen

I sure do get weary
'cause tenderness is always what I'm looking for.

& sadly I'll confess tenderness is always my expectation. I say sadly because everything I read suggests that by having expectations, especially expectations of tenderness I am setting myself up for continual disappointment & sadness. I'm having such a tough time letting go of the feelings to not have expectations I wrestle with this idea daily ... hourly sometimes. I wrestle with it intensely & seriously because I know in my far too very tender heart that this is the key to saving myself.

expect nothing
appreciate everything




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos of Winnie, Bleet Nessie and Itsy Bitsy Betty, Oliver looks sleepy, it must be tiring to be that handsome.
    I love the flower images, especially the nasturtiums, sorry, I cannot help you with the name of the flower that you questioned, Rachel or John may be able to help.
    It is sad to have to guard one's heart against hurt and disappointment, I am sorry that you have to struggle too dear Susan. My expectations of tenderness and happiness have been crushed,I knew it was inevitable, I should have learned that by now."Expect nothing, appreciate everything", good advice.
    Love to all
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.